Tuesday 22 July 2014

EXCELLENT WIN FOR YORKSHIRE BY THE SEA

By Brian Sanderson,

Yesterday I went with my sister to Scarborough were I met among many people John Tipley. He asked me were will you go tomorrow ? My reply was I did not know. This morning I had originally going to Cleethorpes to watch Minor County cricket however Lincolnshire were going to win easily so I had to make a choice were to go.After emailing Brian Workman, we decided to go to Scarborough. After a heavy traffic we arrived with Middlesex having lost  Gubbins to a catch by Lyth off Brooks.

We sat at the Trafalgar Square end in the shade to see Middlesex loss another wicket before lunch. At this time the match seem similar to the Durham fourth innings ie Yorkshire requiring to take three wickets quickly.Two wickets fell quickly after lunch however Yorkshire could not get a break through and I thought the match was going to be a draw.Middlesex were 155 for 4. Even Brian Workman half of a  Hungarian pork pie at 3.20  could bring a wicket

Walking on the ground at the tea break Jason Gillespie was ask if Yorshire could win the match.? He reply they could as they had bowled well. I thought this was the usual coach speak and settled down to watch the match.

After tea  Middlesex soon were 191 for 9 with Rashid and Brooks taking the wickets. People who had left early missed a excellent win by Yorkshire when Rashid  had Murtagh caught by Lyth. Lyth taking four catches and Rashid bowling his season best of 4 for 27. Every player played there part in the victory the batsmen getting the runs and the bowlers the wickets together with good catches.

The trip back to Leeds was easy and was back home by 7 P.M. Harrogate tomorrow to watch Yorkshire seconds.

No comments: