Saturday 19 July 2014

CHASING A MATCH

By Brian Sanderson,

To  and keep the days of watching cricket up to twenty-three I looked at the live score website to see what matches were on as the weather was not good again on a Saturday.One match started at 12.15 which was York against Rotherham.So for the fourth day  this week I set of to the match. About four miles outside York it started to rain heavy.When I arrived at the ground everbody was in the clubhouse.

Rotherham  had been batting with 34 extras  including 24 wides.It rained for about forty minutes and I moved over to the Clifton Alliance ground next door were they were playing Beverley.The photograph at the start of the blog shows them drying the ground. It stopped for about twenty minutes but then another heavy rain shower arrived. So I had not seen any play yet. On my way back to Leeds I passed the Collingham ground were their seconds were playing Harden.

Speaking to the groundsman who I knew through Mick Bourne he hoped play woild start in twenty minutes.However it started to rain just as they were ready to start. The umpire followed the rules and did not come out.
Harden were 25 for 7 so they were not keen to start the match.I was worried I would miss out again but in the end they started in bright sunshine.Two wickets fell quickly but the number 10 scored 48 before been bowled so gave Harden a score to bowl at.
On the way back home it started to rain again. Guess were I am going to-morrow . That is right York against Chesterfield. Let us hope the weather is better han today.

No comments: