Tuesday 1 July 2014

BUSY DAY

By Brian Sanderson,
                             
On Monday morning I went to Weetwood to see Yorkshire Academy play a Scottish Development X1 in a three day match.Arriving at the carpark I find half of it taken up by a cycle team getting ready for this weekend. On the Yorkshire website the starting time was 12.30 however they started at 11.00.During the day we found out that there was a two match and a one day match. The first innings today would be limited to 65 overs and 104 overs in the day.

When I arrived Scotland were batting and struggling against the Yorkshire pace attack.This consisted of Wainman, Waite,Firn and Thompson which seem too much for the Scottish batsman and at lunch they were five wickets down.
Tony Hutton informed me that Adel won on Sunday and will play Collingham in the semi-finals. There were no team sheets so could not name the Scottish side. On twitter it stated that Waugh scored 43 not out ,Ross 39 and Munsey 32 in a total of 189 for 9 in the 65 overs.
This is a photograph of the Scottish team coming off at tea with Callis and Barny Gibson opening the batting for the Academy.
I left about 5.00 and the Academy had lost two wickets. On twitter it stated Yorkshire were 72 for 5.After I had tea I travelled for a Committe meeting for Wombwell Cricket Society. After the meeting the M1 was closed and it took me till 10.30 to get home. Tomorrow to Masham. On twitter on Tuesday night the Academy won by reaching 231 with 4 wickets and 12 balls left.

No comments: