Wednesday 5 August 2015

YORKSHIRE UNDER 15



By Brian Sanderson,

As I said yesterday , I went to Pudsey Congs to see Yorkshire U 15 against Lancashire  in the ECB U15 County Cup Group 1A today. When I go to see Cricket Board matches I like to see if any of the players have the  potential to go on to Championship cricket.

Today Lancashire batten first and lost their first four wickets to the medium bowling of  Wahab  Mirza whose final figures were 4-40.Looking at the web it seems he plays at Saltaire.Today he was easily the best Yorkshire bowler.

Lancashire were in trouble after twenty five overs. However the number four batsman was Rehan Udwadia and  seven was Ben Smith.

 The two of them put on a partnership of 120 against some poor bowling and fielding. Looking at the web it seems  Rehan gave a man of the match performance for Norden to reach J WLees Bitter Wood Cup. Today he scored a excellent 111.

His partner in the 120 runs was Lancashire captain Ben Smith. Today he score 70  and he has been involved in Lancashire cricket from the under 11 level.He learnt his cricket through Salford Schools.

Lancashire finished on  260 after 50 overs. I had to leave early to collect my car from the garage ,with Yorkshire 70 for 0 after fifteen overs so were in a good position.

Lancashire are top of the league and Yorkshire are second so both will go through to the next round.I t will be interesting how both teams go on and the three players I have mention. I am going to Scarborough for five days so  I will do a report on Monday night about the Yorkshire v Durham match together with some photographs.

No comments: