Wednesday 15 April 2015

FREEZING HEADINGLEY


By Brian Sanderson,

When I stepped out of the house today I was met by a cloudy morning and a cold wind.Arriving at the stadium of Headingley Yorkshire seconds were playing Glamorgan seconds in three day friendly match.
There had been nineteen wickets had fallen in the first day. Glamorgan had scored 165 and Yorkshire were 194 for 9.

It was left to Josh Shaw and Matthew Fisher to put on a stand of  69 to bring Yorkshire score up to 263.
The above photograph is of both of them going back to the pavilion.At this stage I was watching the match from the Trueman stand but my bones were getting cold so I retreated to the Long Room. It was not as good view but warmer.I was able to watch Daniel Housego ex Middlesex  and Gloucestershire score a good 51  which was the highest score of the innings.

During the lunchtime on the news was people sun bathing on the English South Coast whilst I took some gloves back to the cricket with also three layers of clothing..The captain of the seconds was Andrew Gale as he had been banned to play at Worcester.Yorkshire attack consisted of four right arm pace bowlers and a left arm spin bowler.Yorkshire had included Tom Craddick , a leg spin bowler released by Essex but did not ball him. They used Tattersall as the spin option which seemed strange . The best bowler beening Wainman taking three wickets whilst Glamorgan scored 244.This left Yorkshire to get 146 to win.

After tea the sun came out and I return to the Trueman stand to see Yorkshire to loss two wickets for 57.
I must congratulate the Yorkshire supporters to turn out to watch the match is  such cold weather.


No comments: