Sunday 27 May 2012

Wednesday 16 May

Headingley

Yorkshire v Hampshire

My second Headingley Lodge visit of the summer - I do LOVE the hotel.

I arrived in Leeds early and the hotel manageress allowed me to go to my room early, which was very good of her.

I had two film courses to attend that night - well, either Manchester or Sheffield - but I decided that discretion was the better part of valour and I stayed in my room.

This match was billed as the battle of the promotion hopefuls. Great weather but I'm not sure that either side will run away with the Second Division title.

Katich played really well for Hampshire and they reached 350-odd by the end of the day.

Headingley was looking a picture - just not enough people in attendance.

Saw William Roberts at his pavilion bookstall - and also Gerald from Gomersal (again - I see him almost every day I'm at cricket!).

No comments: