Sunday 20 May 2012

Friday 11 May

Chester-le-Street

More Rain!

A trip up north to visit my good friends Shaun and Jane Swithenbank. Shaun is a Methodist minister in Durham and they have a lovely house close to Durham town centre.

So I used it as a very good excuse to watch some cricket at the Riverside - one of my favourite grounds.

Had to delay my train trip up north because a workman was visiting, but thereafter everything ran smoothly. Arrived in Chester-le-Street in mid-afternoon but Durham was still feeling the after-effects of the rain and there had been no play when I arrived.

So I had a cup of tea in the attractive cafe/bar and a read of my books. Then popped into the club shop. Picked up a 2012 DCCC yearbook but was very disappointed to discover that they 'didn't sell' books - just wall-to-wall sports clothing.

Had another sit-down and then got a taxi back to the train station.

Met up with Shaun and Jane - so good to see them.

They had to go out so I had a good rest and prepared myself for Day 2 of the Somerset match.

No comments: