Friday 11 May 2012

Dental Dreams

Saturday 5 May

Birkby Nuffield and Birchencliffe

A Huddersfield tour. First up Birkby Nuffield, the club I used to play for - YMCA as was.

We caught the game at its start. We sat on the boundary edge, close to the hospital and enjoyed the view.

I popped into the pavilion and bought a couple of cups of tea.

I was struck by how many changes had been made to club property since my time at the club - a new door here, a ramp there etc.

The club has really worked hard and they have a fine ground to work on. There is a new regime in place and they are doing a great job.

On the field they also seem to be doing well - I always seem to see them at the league's awards nights.

The main man is actually my dentist - a very fine medical man and also a guy who is backing the cricket club. He's got big plans. Good on him - a very impressive effort.

Then we moved up the road - litrerally - to Birchencliffe, another progressive club with lots of plans.

They've recently concluded a ground-share agreement with another local sports club. Their ground is neat and can be seen from some of the nearby roads - almost bird's-eye style.

They used to be the big rivals when I played at the YMCA.

I bought a cool drink and then sat in the new extension at the front of the pavilion. Dad had a wander round meantime. All very pleasant.

No comments: