Sunday 20 May 2012

Saturday 12 May

Chester-le-Street

Sunshine at Last!

A fine sunny day - quite a departure!

Shaun kindly gave me a lift into the ground and I found a perch in front of the pavilion. Had a drink and settled down to some sunshine - at last.

Somerset finished their innings off - then Durham set about some damage-limitation.

It was a lovely Saturday and I enjoyed sitting, thinking and relaxing.

Had an omelette for lunch in the very nice bar, then took a trip to the book sale taking place in the club offices. Needless to say, spent lots of money!

Then back to my perch in front of the pavilion, with Durham - batting - trying to get back into the game.

A lovely day - very relaxing.

Noticed yesterday that Chester-le-Street CC play very close to the Riverside so I got a taxi there for the back end of the afternoon. But the rain over the previous few days had done its damage and the game was off.

Gutted! But I took some photos and had a drink.

Then back to Shaun and Jane's and a meal out at a lovely local pub.

No comments: