Wednesday 9 May 2012

Lancashire v Notts

Wednesday 2 May

Old Trafford

Posted by Peter Davies

My spiritual home...

Arrived in Manchester city c entre very eaerly and had a pot of tea in the Midland Hotel. Then the tram to OT.

Old Trafford was looking good in the sun but I was very disappointed by the state of the ground. The pavilion was still out of order and the whole place looked a mess. There was a makeshift coffee bar, a relocated club shop and, in general, a feeling of temporariness.

Notts batted and Lancs did well, restricting them to 160-odd. Then Lancs started but lost wickets and didiok as if they were going to overhaul their smallish target.

Prince batted well for Lancs. Really like him: tough, uncompromuising, non-flashy and he always sells his wicket dearly. Lancs have him for the full summer - a very good signing.

I was staying at the Old Trafford hotel and I went in there just before 3. Very smart indeed and I enjoyed the rest on my bed.

Then sat on the balcony for the last hour - again, top-class stuff.

No comments: