Saturday 9 August 2014

Clean sweep for Ireland

Posted by John Winn

Defending champions Ireland completed a clean sweep of victories in the icc Europe under15 championships at Rugby School with victory over Scotland yesterday. Full details with lots of photographs are available on the cricket Ireland website. In the other game played yesterday Jersey gained their only victory of the week with a win over Channel Island rivals, Guernsey.

Ireland topped the table with 8 points, Guernsey and Scotland tied for second place with 4 points each and Netherlands and Jersey tied for fourth place with four points.

Cricket continues at the  Warwickshire school this week with a triangular contest between the  Ireland, Scotland and Netherlands women's teams. Action starts on Tuesday.

And finally, yes I did go to Old Trafford yesterday and yes it did rain and yes I did get wet and yes my clothes were still wet when I got home and yes my shoes are still wet this morning. End of!

No comments: