Tuesday 5 August 2014

ANOTHER STRUGGLE FOR YORKSHIRE AT YORK

By Brian Sanderson,

Just read the Leicester web-site about yesterday match. One comment I was not happy about was "I was somewhat surprised that I did not spot amongst the spectators your regulation Yorkshireman complete with flat cap,and accompanying whippet(s) "

Today I went to pick up my sister at Ripon and went to the first day of three of Yorkshire Seconds against Leicestershire.On arriving I find Yorkshire have included Ryan Sidebottom and Moin Ashraf from yesterday side so struggling for batsmen. So I had to alter the scorecard manually to the correct teams.

While I was selling the scorecards Yorkshire lost two wickets  quickly carrying on from yesterday.By lunchtime Jordan Thompson and Barny Gibson were batting  so they had lost 5 wickets. After lunch it was left to Ryan Sidebottom and Thompson to try and get a reasonable total. Sidebottom  became the top scorer but Yorkshire only scored 199.

There was discussed with the scorers as when tea should be taken but the umpires had decided that the final session should be 38 overs much to the scorers disgust. Before I left Leicester had only lost one wicket and looking to reach a big score.Again the score is not on total cricket scorer so I can not tell what the final score was.

See what the weather brings . Talk of rain.

No comments: