Wednesday 25 April 2012

Tuesday 24 April

Posted by Peter Davies

Harrogate

Another blank day!

I'm getting well into 2nd XI cricket so I took a trip to Harrogate for Yorkshire's home fixture.

Got there mid-afternoon but even though the sun was shining the game had been called off hours previously.

All very disappointing.

So I had a wander, took some photos, and also had a soft drink in the one-year-old new pavilion.

Got chatting there with the barman who filled me in on HCC and the ground in general.

A pleasant ground which I last visited in 1983 for a Yorkshire first team match. I remember collecting autographs (we loved that as our hobby), misplacing my books, and relying on HCC to send them all in the post to me. Very good of them indeed - and they'd got some extra autographs in the books too.

Beyond the call of duty.