Saturday 7 April 2012

MIXTURE OF CRICKET

By Brian Sanderson

I decided to watch the finish of the test match in Sri Lanka before going to Headingley.The temperature was 42 degrees in new money.To warm for me but it was good to see England win a Test Match,the first this winter.

Just a comment from yesterday, it was the highest Kent total against Yorkshire in Yorshire.Forecast was dry but dull.As I left the house the rain started to fall but the match started on time .I sat next to Andy from York for the first session.Before a ball was balled I said the first wicket would fall in the second over and Sayers would be caught in the slips.No money was exchanged but it happen.A quote from Andy,s friend was that Mcgrath would be out L.B.W.This came true. A pity that I do not gamble as a Indian book-maker would have lost money.It became very cold and lunch was taken early due to rain.

While having hot beef stew soup I watch the end of innings of the I.P.L.Looked very warm there to.Going back to Headingley I decided to watch the match in the warm Long Room with Ron Deaton and Gale was soon out.Settled back to watch Bairstow and Ballance play some good cricket. Bairstow was lucky when Ben Harmison missed a slip catch.Davies looked the pick of the bowlers and if he could stay fit he will collect a lot of wickets. As tea was approaching Ballance was out L.B.W sweeping in front of his wicket.

Bairstow went on to get his first century at Headingley watched by his brother Andrew.He scored 107 and has been choosed for a Englnd squad.Pyrah had broken his hand and spent all aftrenoon with his wife and two new born children.The match finished early due to bad light with Yorkshire 316 for 6.

Weather forecast for to-morrow is is dry and a bit wamer. We will see to-morrow.

While I was having my tea I watched the test match from Barbados were Australia was bowling.Looked warm there to. Please let us have some warmth.

No comments: