Friday 6 April 2012

Bumping into Folk

Posted by Peter Davies

Friday 6 April

Headingley

Day 2 at Headingley. A good night in the hotel and another early-morning wander into Headingley village. But I'd forgotten it was a Bank Holiday and the library was shut. Blast!

So back to Headingley, a quick lie down, and then a cup of tea in the Long Room before play started. Bumped into book dealer William Roberts, PCW Brian Senior and John Wynn again. Good chats with all three. Bought some excellent cricket books off William the day before - so thought I'd save my money this time!

Kent started off well again - they look as if they're going to get a big total. Then bumped into Peter Dibb, a legendary Huddersfield League cricketer - 9/10 clubs and about 50 years worth of service all told. Nice chap too. We're writing a book together too - on his time in local cricket. Should be good.

I had to leave the ground at 11.30, to get my taxi and head back to Huddersfield because I had an appointment at Stalybridge train station. I'm 'ghostwriting' the autobiography of umpire John Holder and we were meeting to discuss one of the book chapters. Very nice chap and I'm looking forward to the book project.

No comments: