Thursday 12 April 2012

The Mersey Beat

Posted by Peter Davies

Thursday 12 April

Liverpool

Lancashire's first home game of the season. Nice weather - I even got a little bit sunburned.

Got the very early train across from Huddersfield and I was having a cup of tea in Lime Street train station at 8am. Made some phone calls, read the paper, then got the train across to Aigburth.

The ground was looking good but not a very large crowd. Lots of seats to be had. Lancashire batted first but it was a tale of woe with only Croft scoring any runs. And then Sussex batted. A dodgy start but then - after I'd gone - they picked up steam and look as if they will probably win the game.

Liverpool is one of my favourite grounds. I sat in the pavilion but also toured the ground and had a sleep near the sightscreen at the pavilion end. Lots of tea consumed and I enjoyed the salad lunch I had packed for myself.

Bought a few items from the club shop and also picked up my membership ticket - a valuable document! Met Geraldo from Gomersal and also saw a couple of other people I knew.

Left just after tea and I was pleased to take a new shortcut to the train station - this is going to save me 5/10 minutes every time I come to Aigburth.

Train home, very tired, then the PCS meal at Blackley - very nice.

No comments: