Saturday 9 July 2016

YORKSHIRE VICTORY



By Brian Sanderson,

In my last blog I mention I was going to have a day off work but I decided to watching the Vikings against Bears last night.I could have stopped in to watch Hull against Leeds at Rugby League but to last few poor matches Leeds have played ,I decided to have some fresh air at Headingley.

I sat down at one of my favourite seats in the rugby stand however I was soon surrounded by a fifty birthday party from Kippax. On the field Yorkshire choose to bat  and faced ex Yorkshire bowler Hannon -Dalby who took two early wickets.

Yorkshire had three internationals in their side last night including Willey who opened the innings for a few balls. Every so often the crowd to see a non smiling Dickie Bird on the screen.

Yorkshire highest scorer was Kane Williamson who scored 48 before he was run out in a silly way.The feeling was that the score was about twenty runs below par.

Warwick started well with Ian Bell (30 ), Will Porterfield  (48 ) and Laurie Evans ( 37 ). They were helped by the first two overs of Plunkett  leaking 33 runs.He did bowl better in his one other over which conceded 4 runs which was followed by a nine ball over by Bresnan.

Last over Warwick needed eleven runs to win but losing two wickets in the first two balls  made to hard a they lost by two runs.This leaves Yorkshire eight in the league on eight points and they now play Derbyshire on Sunday.

A exciting finish to the match and when I arrived hope Leeds Rugby had been Hull. A good night of sport again.

No comments: