Friday 15 July 2016

THE OVAL- RAIN



By Brian Sanderson,

I went down to London on Sunday and I returned back on Thursday , tired and sorry I did not see a good cricket match.Forecast was not good and the first two days losing  a number of overs and that created a drawn match.

Surrey batted first which gave me a chance to see Aaron Finch who used to play for Yorkshire.He batted well for his 52 before Steven Pattinson got him caught by Leaning,

One bonus match I saw was on the first night to see the Burton Court ground in Kensington and Chelsea.A private ground on the Chelsea Embankment.

Second day more rain and on the third day Yorkshire bowled  Surrey for 267 with Steve Davies nd Sam Curran batted well with a partnership of 75.

Yorkshire were soon 47 for 2 which allowed Adam Lyth and Andrew Gale to put on a good partnership of 150.

I decided not to stop to watch the fourth day as the match was going to be a draw. However Adam Lyth scored a excellent 202. Disappointed that the weather caused another draw this so called summer.

Back to league cricket tomorrow around Sheffield.

No comments: