Tuesday 4 June 2013

WATH CUP

By Brian Sanderson,

During the afternoon I had been watching Sky coverage of two cricket matches. The friendly between Australia and India which they won easily. Second match was Middlesex against Somerset in a forty over match at Lords where I hope to go next week.

However in the evening I decided to see proper cricket Harrogate 1V against Glasshouses in the Wath Cup in the Nidderdale League.I arrived as Glasshouses went out to bowl with Amy Burton opening the bowling against Charlotte North. About three years ago I went to Glasshouses and Amy was opening the bowling then at a age about eighteen.She bowls left arm medium and got Charlotte out caught by a young lad called Freddie.He later came on to bowl  one over which consisted of a ten ball over.

Charlotte,s wicket was the only Harrogate wicket to fall for over fourteen overs until Amy came back on to bowl. The total by this time was over 130.I had a word with Amy and it seems three people had dropped out yesterday and another player  was playing withh a fractured hand.The team consisted of about three players over 70 and a fielder who came on in his black trousers as seen in the above photograph.

Amy came back on to bowl and took two more wickets and the total was over 160.Glasshouses had only lost one match in the league and do very well to keep going.All the very best to them.

At this stage I left to go to Pannal where the third team should have been playing in the same cup.However there was a junior match on so instead I  went home to get ready for Scarborough. 


No comments: