Thursday 20 June 2013

DUCKWORTH-LEWIS WINS AGAIN

By Brian Sanderson,

This morning myself and Brian Senior went to the funeral of Diana Hutton who was the wife of Tony. Adel church was very full which shows how well she was liked.Tony's pictures are in a seperate section of the web-site and he helped to write Off The Beaten Track.These two items started me blogging and taking photographs.I wish all the very best to Tony and his family in the future.

In the afternoon I went to Headingley for the forty over match against Middlesex.When I arrive Middlesex were 65 for 4.I had some Archive work to do before I could watch the last ten overs of the Middlesex innings.Yorkshire had a very young bowling attack including Gibson and Fisher.Middlesex had a chance to take the top spot but Yorkshire had only beat the Unicorns and were just giving the youngsters a chance.

Middlesex scored 217 for 8 but Jerry,the Middlesex supporter thought it was not enough runs.However Yorkshire had only four recognised batsmen.Gale and Lyth opened and were able to score 81 for no wickets before the rain started to fall which finished the match.Due to Duckworth -Lewis calculations Yorkshire won the match.

There was a good turnout of spectators on a cloudy afternoon.The cost to see the match is £15 which shows what good value the admittance fee of £8 at Lords for a Championship match is.

No comments: