Wednesday 10 July 2013

WHITE ROSE VICTORY

By Brian Sanderson,

On my birthday I took my sister for the first time to St Peters School at York.There is a five days of cricket at the school involving Yorkshire Senior Schools.To-day match was against Lancashire Academy who had just finished a two day match at Todmordon.However this team consisted of some trailists.

The first I saw was David from Brighouse who had just come back from two days at Cleethorpes seeing the last two days of the Minor county match .I saw the first day play on Sunday, see Day at the Seaside.The match finished a draw at 6.00 when Lincolnshire wanted over 100 in 17 overs with eight  wickets left. Good match.

Yorkshire batted to-day against a good Lancashire attack.Lunch was taken at 1,15 when 35 overs had been bowled and Yorkshire were about 120 for 4.We went for some lunch at a local cafe.While I was there a young girl asked for some rhubarb  tea and this was a first for me.

When we came back Yorkshire scored 220 in their forty overs.In the interval I took some photographs  and the one above is of Yorkshire waiting for Lancashire to come out to bat.Yorkshire  soon got some wickets but a fifth wicket stand  gave Lancashire a chance.

They took tea break wanting about 170 in about 35 overs.But soon after Yorkshire bowler Henderson took two wickets in two balls which caused a Lancashire collapse. So by 5.00 Lancashire were all out for 101 with 20 overs to spare. This was Yorkshire third win in the same number of days and they play M.C.C to-morrow.


No comments: