Friday 5 July 2013

ENGLAND UNDER 19 STAR AT UNDERCLIFFE

By Brian Sanderson

On a sunny afternoon I decided to watch my first womens match this season at Undercliffe.Yorkshire under 17 were playing Cheshire  under 17 in a 45 over match.As I arrived to join Tony Hutton and Malcolm Yorshire were batting and had losed a wicket.Cheshire bowling was poor and Holly Armitage shown that she is a England under 19 star.She scored 160 runs and was  run out in the last over.Cheshire bowler was banned for bowling too many head high beamers.

Yorshire scored 326 in the forty-five overs with over 45 extras including numerous wides and no-balls.Also there was about six dropped catches so they helped Yorkshire to make the big score.Brian Senior was also watching the match and told me that Geoff Barker yesterday scored 52 and was out  with two overs to go. See the last blog and over 40 club lost the match by forty runs.

Yorshire opening bowlers joined in my balling wides and no-balls and the first two overs taking over 10 minutes.However gradual Yorkshire slowed the run rate down and as I left they required about 250 in 30 overs.So Yorkshire would win easily.

Just a mention that Michael Hope deid this week and will be badly missed at Bowling Old Lane.I send my condolences to his brother Trevor who I played cricket with for over twenty years.

No comments: