Saturday 2 June 2012

CHANCE TO MEET THE PRESIDENT

By Brian Sanderson,

We were meet by more rain in the morning and the cricket did not start till 12.00.It  took Root three balls to reach his hundred and with Bairstow put on a good partnership.I watched the cricket from the football stand and was joined by Brian Cobb who wants me to put the fixtures for June on the site.This will cause a late night  tonight obeying the guru.

As I walked to the Long Room just before lunch Root was caught by the Wicket-keeper for 125.I did a Brian Senior moment and missed the wicket.After lunch Bairstow and Ballance continue towards 400 and maximum batting points.Bairstow was bowled by Hall who soon afterwards hurt his ankle.Next to go was Ballance caught bat pad of Middlebrook.Soon after I went to see Sir Geoffrey Boycott with five other supporters.

We watched Rafiq from the pavilion and at tea-time went to have tea and cakes with Geoffrey.He was in good form and told some good tales about Sir Len Hutton ,Dickie Bird,Fred Trueman and himself.His  wife was there with her new birthday present from Geoffrey, a wrist bracelet costing a lot of money.

As I left the Stadium Rafiq was out.I had to leave early to get ready for the Rugby League that evening.I will not comment on the loss to Wigan.Looking at the Yorkshire web-site this morning Northants were 43 for 1 still 120 runs behind.

No comments: