Thursday 14 June 2012

BACK HOME

By Brian Sanderson,

The family went on the trip to Noth Wales last week to watch the cricket at Colwyn Bay where Yorkshire were playing Glamorgan.On Wednesday morning I settled down to watch the match from the bank next to Swansea man.It took him over two hours to get to the match via car about the same time as myself.

Yorkshire bowled first and managed to get three wickets before lunch.After a quick walk into town Starc bowled the first over after lunch with the batsmen taking 18 runs off it.Then it started to rain and this carried on till Saturday morning when we set off  back home.However my car broke down near Hartshead Moor but with the help of theA.A we arrived home. So for the next three days I had no car and had to watch Best become the best 11 in Test Cricket.

On Wednesday afternoon I went over to watch Leeds University play Leeds Met at Kirkstall Education ground.I was meet by John Tipley with a barrage of questions.Also there was Tony Hutton who kindly let me know the match was on.Also ther was Brian Cobb who kindly said he missed by blog.He also wanted to know how many hits there were on the blog  last month. The answer is 1810.
The groundsman and President David Hodgson was there acting as tea-person.He has a excellent blog on the Kirkstall web-site.

Leeds University were batting including Harry Bush, who was born in Los Angeles, however  the team only scored 182 with the help of 60 extras.I had to leave the match at tea-time as I was going to my next match at Spout Houses.Brian Cobb  left me with the comment to start blogging again.
So Brian this is the first one with Spout House to follow.

No comments: