Sunday 11 May 2014

WEATHER FORECAST WRONG AGAIN

By Brian Sanderson,

On Friday I had a telephone call from a friend from London about coming up to see the match at Headingley against Warkwickshire.The forecast was poor for the first four day so I told him not to come up..On Saturday I was unable to see any league cricket because of the rain. So setting off this morning again with the forecast said rain,I expected to be seeing little cricket.

Before the match it was the Archive Open Day so I brought some of my old scrapbooks  books to show  the Yorkshire members.Just near the Long Room was a orange bus as shown in the above photograph which was to be used to ferry people up to Headingley for the 20/20 matches and the Test Matches.
There was only one scoreboard as the main was broken due I would have thought because of the rain.There was twenty -five minutes of Yorkshire batting before it started to rain.There was loss of play for about twenty minutes.By lunch Yorkshire had reached 105 for 1 which was very good as Warkwickshire put Yorkshire in.

After lunch I poped into the Rugby Union match between Leeds and London Welsh just to tade a photograph.
Leeds won the match 38 to 31.By tea time Yorkshire had lost five more wickets for 93 runs.This left Williamson and Bresnan batting after tea. They put on a partnership of 107 before both fell to the new ball bowling of Barker ansd Woakes.By the end of the day Yorkshire were 310 for 8 and there had been no more time lost because of rain.It is so frustrating trying to find the correct weather forecast.

No comments: