Monday 8 April 2013

MY SISTER BIRTHDAY PRESENT

By Brian Sanderson,

This is a photograph from the new pavilion at Headingley looking towards Emley Moor.You can pay extra this season to see this view.

Yesterday was my sisters birthday so I invited her across to Headingley with the sunshining.Yorkshire were still batting as as we came through the gates Lees had scored his maiden first-class century.As we setting down to be entertained we were joined my Jerry,our Middlesex supporter.He was going down to London on the coach at mid-night. Good luck to him.As we walked home for lunch Lees was out and Gale came in to bat.

Returning after lunch Yorshire had declared and I  had a chance to speak to Peter Dibb about the coming season.Outside Andy from York had wintered well but complained about the lack of Rugby League during the coming winter.Further down the East Stand Brian Senior was wrapped up for the cold and heard that the New Rover match had been cancelled  so I had to stop at Headingley for a bit longer. Plunkett and Patterson were picking up easy wickets on the pitch.

Met John Fuller from the Cricket Yorkshire web-site who had been up with us at West Yorkshire Archives last week .He is now the press officer for Leeds and Bradford University so the web-site is worth watching.

I was able to watch Jack Brookes take a excellent catch before I had to take my sister to the Ripon bus.However Leeds Rugby were playing at 6.45 across the ground so a early tea weas required.
As the Rugby followers will now Leeds won a good match against Warrington.

One minus for the day was that I could not purchase a scorecard in the afternoon as the ticket office was shut maybe to get away from people complaining about not getting their season tickets.Hope to go on Wednesday if my ticket has arrived.

1 comment:

owlsofderision said...

So it's not just me who hasn't received his member's card then....?!!
Did YCCC not know when the season was starting? Has it crept up and taken them by surprise?