Sunday 16 May 2010

SHORT AFTERNOON

Posted by Brian Sanderson,

This afternoon I had appointment at Headingley ground at 3.00P.M. With David Hall and myself we shown some people round the cricket side of Headingley.This had been organised by Leeds Met University and talked about the history of Yorkshire Cricket.

It finished about 4.15 and went to see Kirkstall Education against Guiseley in the cup.When I got there Kirkstall were batting and scored 292 in 45 overs.Sitting down was Mick Bourne who had been to Adel.Also there was John Taplin.

Guiseley batted sensibly and Brian Senior arrived in his dark glasses. He had been to Woodhouse, New Rover and Adel.There was shout for a catch and Kirkstall started celebrating.However the umpire did not give the batsman out.Then words were said to the batsman. The umpires did not intervene and I think they should tell the players not to exchange words.Not in the spirit of cricket.

Guiseley opener reached his century and was batting well. They required 90 runs off 10 overs with 6 wickets left. A good finish if the opener stays there however my tea was ready at home.

Arriving home I saw the finish of The Cricket 20/20 World Cup.England winning it with three overs to go. Great to beat Australia and I hope it will give more press coverage to Cricket.

No comments: