posted by John Winn
When baby summer calls us once again
to close trimmed turf; we say we will not go
but yet we go. Digby Jephson*
Pending hip surgery is restricting my driving at the moment but had I been fully fit then today I would have been at Riverside, Chester le Street where Durham are taking on Durham University and where, on a lovely March day, the county side took the precaution of including Raine, Drissell and Macintosh in their XI. I have complained in the past about the stilted start to the English cricket season, just compare it to the fanfare for the start of the Major League Baseball season later this week, but at least the county championship when it opens next Thursday will see all 18 counties in action. Match of the Day has to be Lancashire, tipped by Cricketer magazine to be champions, taking on Surrey, last year's winners, at Old Trafford. Well done algorithm. Nonsense I hear some of you cry as you head to Headingley to see relegated Yorkshire take on wooden spoonists Leicestershire.
If league cricket is more your bag then I have done my usual exercise of working through a few websites to find out when readers in the north east and Yorkshire will be able to see their local clubs in action. Most have opted for the traditional third Saturday in April, this year the fifteenth, the earliest it can be.
These leagues are in action that day, Bradford, Dales Council, Craven and District, Huddersfield, Yorkshire Premier (South), North Yorkshire South Durham, North East Premier, Nidderdale, Durham & North East
22nd April Aire Wharfe, Yorkshire Premier (North) and its supporting pyramid, Pontefract and District, Langbaurgh, Darlington and District, Bradford Mutual.
29th April Scarborough
Good watching!
* This little poem which I came across ten years ago in a book entitled The Demon and The Lobster, was written by Digby Jephson who played for Cambridge University and Surrey. Jephson was known as the lobster because of his skill as an underarm bowler between 1890 and 1902, although he made very few appearances after 1902. The Demon refers to Charles Kortright, a contemporary of Jephson. considered one of the fastest bowlers of all time. The two men were distantly related.
Digby Jephson

14 comments:
I really enjoyed reading this discussion because games like Space Waves show how much timing and consistency matter. The challenge feels rewarding without becoming frustrating, and that's what keeps players coming back. I also appreciate discovering reliable entertainment platforms while browsing gaming communities. Recently, I came across Xuper Tv, which has been a convenient option for streaming different types of content. Thanks for sharing your thoughts—looking forward to reading more opinions from everyone here.
Interesting perspective! One thing I like about games that rely on precision is that every attempt helps improve your skills. Space Waves is a good example of simple mechanics creating an engaging experience. Outside of gaming, I also enjoy finding useful streaming resources, and YouCine TV has been worth checking out for a variety of entertainment options. Thanks for starting this discussion—it’s always nice to see people sharing genuine experiences instead of just quick reactions.
hi
hi
There is nothing more frustrating than trying to stream a live cricket match only to have the feed cut out right during a crucial over. Most of the standard web links are completely overrun with pop-up ads and malicious redirects that lag out your device. If you are looking for a reliable, smooth way to configure your Android TV box for live global sports streams, setting up the xuper tv gratis application gives you a great, organized platform to manage high-quality match feeds without the usual headache.
Following regional cricket matches from abroad can be incredibly difficult because standard local networks rarely broadcast the feeds overseas. Moving your home setup away from glitchy web browsers and over to a dedicated media player on a Firestick completely changes the viewing experience. For anyone trying to configure a clean streaming setup to catch international sports broadcasts natively on their Smart TV, deploying the updated xuper tv platform ensures your decoders are optimized for smooth, high-frame-rate live playback.
When millions of fans tune in to watch a major cricket tournament simultaneously, server overload and bandwidth throttling usually cause massive buffering loops. To fix this on an Android TV setup, you really need a media player that lets you easily swap between hardware and software decoders on the fly. The optimization and installation guides provided by xupers tv are incredibly helpful for tweaking your cache settings so you can maintain a stable, unthrottled connection even during peak live broadcast hours.
Huddling around a tiny phone screen to watch live sports completely ruins the game. Sideloading a dedicated streaming player onto an Amazon Firestick or Android TV is the best way to get those live stadium feeds onto the main big screen. If you've never used the Downloader app to install third-party packages before, pulling a verified copy of the supers tv build gives you a fast, remote-friendly user interface that makes finding and managing international sports streams incredibly straightforward.
I really enjoyed browsing your cricket blog. It’s great to see articles that focus on the history, stories, and passion behind the game rather than just match results. Your writing is engaging and clearly reflects a genuine love for cricket. While exploring interesting websites online, I also came across super tv. Thank you for creating such enjoyable content for cricket fans, and I’m looking forward to reading more of your posts and historical insights.
This is a wonderful blog for anyone who appreciates cricket. I like how you share thoughtful insights and interesting stories that go beyond the headlines, making each post enjoyable to read. The personal touch in your writing makes the content even more engaging. I also enjoy discovering useful websites from different niches and recently visited Xuper TV Gratis. Thanks for sharing your passion for the sport, and I hope to read many more articles here.
Great blog! Cricket has such a rich history, and I appreciate how your posts celebrate memorable moments and unique perspectives from the game. It’s refreshing to read content written with genuine enthusiasm and attention to detail. While browsing useful online resources, I also found Netfly. Thank you for keeping the spirit of cricket alive through your writing, and I’m excited to follow your future posts and discoveries.
I enjoyed exploring your blog and reading about cricket from a different perspective. The mix of history, personal observations, and appreciation for the game makes it a pleasure to visit. It’s always nice to find content created by someone with real passion for the sport. I also recently came across BitTv while browsing online. Thanks for sharing these engaging cricket stories, and I look forward to reading more of your future articles.
**Comment 1 (for XuperTVS)**
I found this post both informative and enjoyable to read. The explanations are clear, and the content is presented in a way that keeps readers interested from beginning to end. It's always great to come across blogs that focus on sharing useful ideas and practical information. During my free time, I also like exploring entertainment resources such as xupertv. Thank you for taking the time to create this valuable content, and I look forward to reading more posts.
**Comment 2 (for YouCineTV)**
This was a very well-written article with a friendly and engaging style. I appreciate how you explained the topic in a simple way that makes it accessible to all readers. Blogs like this encourage meaningful discussions and provide genuine value to visitors. When I'm taking a break from reading, I also enjoy checking streaming resources like Youcine APK. Thanks for sharing your knowledge, and I hope you continue publishing more quality articles.
Post a Comment