Monday 7 October 2013

TRIBUTE TO MICK BOURNE

By Brian Sanderson,

With Mick,s funeral on Wednesday I would like to give my tribute to a caring person.Below I will give a little story of Mick,s life from the above book.

Tuesday 22 August 2006,

With Peter Dixon went to Treeton for one of the Under-15 district games;Sheffield are against a team from Bradford/Huddersfield /Halifax area.But on arriving, there was no-one about but for someone mowing the outfield.We were told that the ground had been declared too damp to play on. I told Peter not to worry. I knelt down in the car park and put my ear to the ground. A distance away in the north-east,I could hear the thud,thud,thud of a bowler,s run-up."over there , Peter. Game on ,let,s go. "Peter was amazed .Actually , I had calculated that some arrangement would have been made to transfer the fixture to the Sheffield United ground.And it had been . We ended up with a good afternoon session in the sun watching some fine performances on both sides.We also had a look at a mid-week adult league match  on the pitch beyond that had not seen a white marker for weeks.

Mick was also the editor of the above booklet and this was his final publication just before he died.It had to be perfect.Typical of Mick.

All the very best from one of many of  his friends.


No comments: