Saturday 6 August 2011

RETURN TO PUDSEY

By Brian Sanderson,

On a wet Saturday morning the decision were to watch a match gets interesting.Originally I had planned to go to the Huddersfield League but could not find what matches were starting.Due to the Bradford League web-site you can see when matches start.

At 1.40 I found that Pudsey St. Lawrence had started against Farsley and Farsley were batting.My grand-mother living in Pudsey and my father was brought up there so it is nice to go back to Pudsey.

The crowd was not great but gradually people started to arrive including Raymond Illingworth who played for both clubs but now supports Farsley.He was vocal talking to Clough on the field wether the bowler was bowling leg-side wides.

Farsley collected there runs quickly in a 46 over match.No batsman reached fifty and the highest score was Simpson with 49.Ingram reached mid-twenties before been caught at point.He is still about fifty runs short of 1000 runs for the season.They reached 256 for 7.

After tea Pudsey soon lost a wicket but Robertshaw and Hester put on a stand of 107.However it left Pudsey to get 140 runs in twenty overs.It would not be easy but they had wickets in hand.The wickets soon fell mainly to Lumb who took four wickets.

The weather was now cloundy and cold plus I wanted my tea so I left with 14 overs to go.Pudsey lost the match.

No comments: