Saturday 16 July 2011

Medical bulletin

Posted by Tony Hutton

First of all apologies for my lack of input during the past couple of weeks, but unfortunately the symptoms of my shingles attack have got worse rather than better and it looks very much as though my cricket season has ended rather prematurely.

To add to my problems, my wife has now snapped her achilles tendon and will have her leg in plaster for the next twelve weeks. However we now have a large stock of equipment in the shape of a stair lift, wheel chair, zimmer frames, bathroom seats etc etc. which makes life easier for her.

I have at last caught up with all the recent blogs from Brian and John and although cricket is currently near the bottom of my list of priorities it was good to have a phone call from Brian Senior up dating me on all his recent trips including a good three days at Sedbergh.

We have been helped by two recent visits from my son and the good news is that he and his family will be returning from Dubai to live in Leeds as from the end of August. Eldest grandson Sam has already been accepted by the Grammar School at Leeds.
So a lot to look forward to - Hope to have Sam performing for Adel Under nines next season.

Despite our problems, there are always people worse off and in particular Peter Davies who is leaving the University of Huddersfield with an ill health pension. I am so sorry to be missing his farewell party, but know that he is full of plans for the future and has already put together a full programme of speakers for his new cricket society, the Pennine Cricket Society to be based in Huddersfield, next winter.

Good luck to Peter for the future and hopefully at some stage he will be able to resume his blogging career.

No comments: