Monday 11 April 2011

A blog jam?

Monday April 11th, posted by John Winn.

Weetwood is not amongst my favourite grounds and with today's weather cold and showery after such a lovely weekend the nearer I got to Leeds the more I doubted the wisdom of making a late decision to attend the second day of the university match. But as is often the case things turned out better than expected. As Brian has described, the cricket was not inspiring but after rain forced an early lunch the sun came out and the company was convivial. I particularly enjoyed the opportunity to meet up with my fellow contributors to the blog, Brian and Tony.
Driving home I wondered if there might be a collective noun for bloggers, a blog jam perhaps? Tony now knows I only live on the other side of the Pennines if one is speaking from Lancashire. A York postcode and a Harrogate telephone code sum it up nicely. My local team, Ouseburn CC play in the Nidderdale League, but are not really in Nidderdale, but that is even more the case for three clubs from'over the water', Helperby, Raskelf and Alne who are very much Vale of York.
I left at tea looking forward to my next outing, one of those special days in the season, namely the opening of the County Championship season at Headingley. How often will the question'Have you wintered well?' be asked? Let's hope the answer is always 'yes'.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

No queries about wintering well at Liverpool on Saturday.
BJ