Tuesday 17 March 2009

Promotional event

Posted by Peter Davies

This Saturday just gone myself and the two PR students helping with the Cricket Heritage Project - Megan and Hayley - organised a promotional event in Halifax town centre. We had a stall, some flyers and books, and also a large bowl of sweets to entice local people with. Between 10 and 4 we met a number of passers-by and were able to chat with them about the project and cricket in general. It was a bit windy though! Look out for us in Huddersfield town centre this coming Saturday.

1 comment:

Hayleykins said...

It was really cold but at least the huge moustache I was wearing kept my top lip warm! I think the cricket kit that Megan and I were wearing also gave me a better posture for a few days afterwards too!

It was really encouraging to find that people in Halifax that day were interested in the Cricket History of Calderdale and Kirklees Project and it just shows how important it actually is to the local area.

There are photos available to view of this event on the project website. You can see exactly what went on and how foolish we looked...unfortunately for me!

Hayley

xxxx